Saturday, June 22, 2013

harry potter movie night with hogsmeade butterbeer

"Butterbeer, Cauldron Cakes and Fizzing Whizbees." Looking back, my fondest memories from reading Harry Potter is that I imagined myself eating all these imaginary treats. Apparently I wasn’t the only one because everywhere I looked, Harry Potter recipes were running amok on the web. Even Jelly Belly started making their version of Bertie Bott's every flavour jelly bean but who in their right mind would willingly eat something that tasted like vomit or earwax. (bleah!)

Anyway, I stray. Being the obsessive foodie that I am, I couldn't leave my cravings to imagination alone. My friends and I were planning on a Harry Potter movie night at home and it was for me the best opportunity to make... Butterbeer :)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of caramel syrup
1 tbsp butter
whipped cream
1 cup cream soda



Accio Butterbeer!
 
 
Mix butter and caramel syrup. Microwave until bubbly.
 
Diabetes and cholesterol ✔
 
 
fill a bowl with whipped cream.
 
 
stir a little into the whipped cream. Mix until frothy
 
 
place caramel butter into mugs
 
 
measure 1 cup cream soda and pour into mugs filled with
caramel butter
 
 
 
let it sit and rest for a sec...
 
 
 
top with foamy cream
 

butterbeer!!


 
Wanting it to be the ultimate Harry Potter experience,
I made sure my friends and I had some more HP sweets .


 
Ton Tongue Toffee, Rock Cakes, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Jellybeans,  
 Licorice Wands, and Jelly Slugs

  
 
My fellow witches and warlocks :)



 
Snacks done. Time for the show :)

No comments:

Post a Comment